09 April, 2008

Prospect Magazine

I like reading magazines, and ever since I was a little kid, I've always had a mag that I read regularly. I have progressed through the years from the likes of the Beano and Tiger to Shoot and Match Weekly and Touchdown to the likes of Metal Hammer and Melody Maker to the likes of National Geographic and Empire.

We took a subscription out to Empire last year, but stopped reading it this year because the fatal combination of parenthood, a rubbish year for films in 2007 and a downturn in Empire's journalistic standards made it feel not worthwhile anymore. However, i still trust Empire reviews more than any other news organ.

We've been on the look out for a regular magazine to enjoy ever since, and while we've flirted with the economist, we're going to try with Prospect magazine because it seems interesting and well informed but also digestable.

If you're interested, follow the link here.

No comments: