22 April, 2008

Alex's up-date and a belated "Thank you"

For those of you who read our page regularly, you'll have noticed that it is almost always Simon who provides the entries. However, I thought it was high time that I posted an entry, particularly in light of recent events.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all of you who have loved, supported and prayed for me, Simon and Rocky over the recent weeks and months. Also, all the staff at Derriford Hospital who looked after me deserve the highest commendation. It is the second time in six months I've been in the hospital and the care has been first class on both occasions.

I'm now well on the road to recovery, for which I thank God. Fatigue is likely to be for some time, nevertheless I'm back to work next week. (My doctor tells me, is quite remarkable considering the seriousness of my illness.)

I am thoroughly looking forward to returning to work. I am returning three days a week. This is the best of both worlds as far as I am concerned. It will allow me to continue to spend time with Rocky but also give my brain some much needed exercise. (If you're wondering why I would want to go back to work and why I enjoy my job so much, you may want to check out our old posts. I think I wrote on the subject last year sometime).

Anyway, that's my news for now. I'm going to get off the computer because I think Simon has some more trivia to brighten you day! :)

God Bless.

No comments: